Monday, September 22, 2008

Writing

When I was younger, I couldn't stand writing. I could never decide on what to write about, or how long it should be. Basically, I could never plan my writing out. However, as of lately, I have been more effective in my writings. I write about things I like to talk about, or something I can relate with. Before every paper I write, I always do an outline or some kind of web to organize my thoughts. Then my papers flow a lot more smooth and it becomes much easier to write. I use to just think writing was only necessary in school, however, I've noticed that writing is an excellent technique to use if you are stressed out, or just have something on your mind. Getting ideas or problems out of your head and on to paper take so much pressure off your mind. I've found other ways in which writing can be helpful in everyday life. Although writing a paper or essay may seem pretty dull, writing is very effective in life in many ways. I really feel like I've got a better handle on writing and I want to continue to find ways in which I can find it useful in my everyday life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Ms. Brown said...

Interesting! I think academic writing specifically has other purposes, such as applying content to our lives, of course, but also to develop critical thinking and learn to view a problem rationally from every angle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home